Call 916-875-Rain (7246) to report flooding
This Storm Season, Be Aware, Be Prepared and Take Action
- Know your flood hazard—If you are not sure, call Sacramento County's Flood Zone Hotline: 916-874-7517.
- Get flood insurance before you need it. Flood insurance policies take 30 days to become effective.
- Flood insurance is available in Zone X - Homeowners in a moderate- to low-risk area are eligible for flood insurance coverage. Even though flood insurance isn't federally required, anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. Nearly 20 percent of flood insurance claims come from moderate to low-risk areas.
Protect yourself and your loved ones from the hazard
- Pay attention to warnings from officials such as signs "Turn Around, Don't Drown!" and evacuation orders.
- Sign up for Sacramento Alert.
- Prepare a family emergency plan.
Protect your property from the flood hazard
- Have flood-fighting supplies such as sandbags on hand.
- If you flood frequently consider programs like home elevations.
- Follow 'no dumping' regulations to protect natural floodplain functions.
- Keep streams and ditches free from debris